Sunday 24 June 2007

A walk by the sea

The weather faired up this afternoon, so we went to the St Mary's Lighthouse at Whitley Bay. You can only cross the causeway when the tide is out, and it is always interesting to see what has been left behind in the rock pools - take a look at this jellyfish - Andrea almost put her foot on one - yuk! On the way to the coast, we called in to Jesmond Dene for a walk around and saw goats, sheep, donkey, pig, hens and a rather large rat in the kiddies Pets Corner

4 comments:

Whyite said...

I like the Jellyfish and the lighthouse.

jaki said...

OMG!! Look at that pig!
Looks like you live in a gorgeous area Mary, how nice to be able to go for drives and see such different things that you have shown us on your blog.
I am going to tell my Mum to come and have a look at your blog :)

Oh and thanks for dropping into my blog, I hope Andrea didn't make you watch that movie in the middle of all that awful weather!!
You will be happy to hear we have had 24 hours of rain but only light soaking rain, no wind or stormy weather thank goodness.

jmb said...

Hi Mary,
I linked to your blog today in a post. I hope you don't mind.
Just a little mention.
regards
jmb

RUTH said...

I do hope the bad weather isn't affecting you too badly. The only things happy in my garden are the slugs and snails!