Wednesday 6 June 2007

More photos of new summer flowers

We started to trim our tall leylandi hedge today, so the borders will be speckled with clippings for a few days - more work to do on Friday. Helpful hubby has only stood on one plant so far, he usually manages to squash many more! More summer flowers have bloomed to-day, again the day was overcast and not at all warm. I spotted the Foxglove up by the deck in the back corner of the garden - I've included a close-up because the markings are so beautiful. My carnations/pinks are almost open, should be a nice display by the weekend - I love their perfume, especially 'Doris', an old fashioned variety. See photo of small flower buds, I am looking forward to plenty of bright orange/red berries to keep the birds fed over winter!




3 comments:

The Crafts House said...

Hi Mary
thanks for the info on "pink" flowers ...I've told some of my painters to check out your photos to get inspiration for painting..they are beautiful
Sandra

Whyite said...

Very nice photo's Mary. Summer is coming.

RUTH said...

Your flowers are beautiful; Happy Gardening from Suffolk.