Thursday 14 June 2007

Too wet to garden!

A very wet Acer

The patio roses in the border are getting heavy with all the rain and beginning to drop petals
It hasn't stopped raining since Monday and is due to carry on until the weekend, so no gardening for me, and worse, hubby has tickets for the first two days of the test match on Friday and Saturday (England v West Indies). The good news, is that my weed infested front garden seems to be improving, we can see lots of blades of grass now and the creeping yellow trefoil seems to be shrinking a little. Even though I can't garden this week, I can still buy plants and now have three patio (miniature) roses waiting to go in. I braved the rain to take a couple of pictures, but it is so gloomy the flash came on automatically.
I had to use my hubbies camera today and when I was downloading, I found a pic of the last cake I iced - I like making the sugar flowers (but only when I'm in the mood as it takes many hours). I wondered if any crafters or garden bloggers also indulged in this hobby?

4 comments:

The Crafts House said...

I don't mind rain but this week we have had a bit too much, love the cake, do you do this for fun or work?
Sandra

jmb said...

Oh your acer is looking good so far, but still young. I hope it doesn't get the dreaded dieback. It won't be short of moisture anyway.
regards
jmb

Whyite said...

Been raining all week off and on. We have had flash flood watches today. The cake looks awesome, I like the flowers and the ivy growing out of it.

jaki said...

Wow! what an amazing cake!!
I can see where Andrea gets her talent from :)

I hope the rain eased up for you to enjoy the weekend...and for hubby to enjoy the cricket ;)