Tuesday 26 June 2007

Just a few showers today but more rain to come

Just a quick blog 'cos I've spent the last two days at work creating a new web site and my eyes and brain are not working as good as they should be! Just a few showers today, so into the garden from 6 - 8pm, grass cut back and front, edges clipped, borders hoed - oh what joy, a tidy garden again! While I was gardening, Andrea took these pictures with her new camera - I think the acer photo is beautiful and the clouds look as though you could reach out and touch them, but as you can see, the rain is on it's way back - as I said in my post yesterday, parts of the UK, especially Yorkshire have had the most terrible flood. It was feared the wall of a reservoir would collapse to-day and they are still trying to pump out some water to take pressure off the wall. People have been evacuated from their homes and the main motorway through England, the M1, runs near the reservoir and it has been closed all day, just in case the dam burst. We've been so lucky where I live and I feel so sorry for the people who have flooding in their homes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures your daughter took! Sorry to hear about all the rain. We're now experiencing 90 degree weather here in Maine. Does it get that hot in England much? Also do you refer to your county as England or Great Britain? Silly American question. :)

Ali said...

Lovely photos!

Mary, I've tagged you for a meme. Read all about it here: http://henbogle.blogspot.com/2007/06/its-all-about-me.html

Ali

jmb said...

Oh no, your acer is taunting me again.
It's terrible about the flooding, what a disaster. Fancy the M1 being closed.

Whyite said...

So sorry to hear about the flooding. I know some that used have had their house flooded every few years. Not a pleasant thing to encounter.