Sunday 3 June 2007

Sunday stroll in Watergate Park

My grass is all cut, edges all neat, no weeds (that I can see), seedlings all planted. This afternoon we walked in Watergate Park, which is man made on the site of a very large spoil heap from an old coal mine. It's really maturing and we were lucky to get close to the swans with their two cygnets. I don't know what the cerise coloured plant is, one thick central stalk covered in flowers - any ideas? We only saw this twice within the whole area. Back to work tomorrow, so will revert to walking around the village instead of exploring further afield









4 comments:

Whyite said...

I can't say that about my lawn. I mow and weed. And If I'm feeling ambitious I will rake the leaves come fall for the garden. It looks great when mowed. But by the end of the week, the weeds are beginning to poke their heads up.

Lovely photos!

The Crafts House said...

I am clueless on names of flowers, do you know what the pink flower is called on this post
Sandra

jaki said...

Looks like a lovely place to be able to go for a walk Mary :)

Thanks for dropping in at my blog, it was lovely to "see" you there.

Iron Column Records said...

It looks like the cerise plant is one of the marsh orchids:

http://www.ophrysphotography.co.uk/pages/dactyls2.htm

I couldn't say for sure which one it was without having a good look at it, but if you've got a good wild flower guide you should be able to narrow it down.