Monday 18 June 2007

Could this be the creature causing all the damage?





Here is a picture of a large snail who has just gorged himself on my petunias and hostas!! Doris is looking a little heavy with all of the rain, the Nicotiana which survived the winter has quite a few flowers, I think it survived because it was planted right under a very tall conifer and was protected from wind and frost. The fuschias which I put between the shed and the greenhouse and survived the winter obviously enjoyed the rain and are looking OK. The small patch where the greenhouse used to live (we moved it) is coming on a treat, still needs more shrubs/plants in future. I actually managed to cut the grass last night, and good news about the front garden lawn - the various potions I've used on the dreaded creeping yellow trefoil seem to have worked. I now have a brown lawn with a few green patches instead of a green lawn with a few blades of grass, but hey, you can't have everything!

3 comments:

jmb said...

This is looking very good Mary. I just had to run around with slug bait recently when I noticed my petunias in the containers looking all slimed and chewed. I never remember to do it before it happens!

Wicked Gardener said...

Holy Smokes! That snail is huge! I should be thankful I only have slugs.

Whyite said...

That sure is a big snail. Your garden and plants look lovely.