Monday 18 June 2007

Evening stroll in Saltwell Park


No rain today so after work and tea, we had a nice stroll in Saltwell Park, Gateshead this evening. There were swans walking on the path around the lake, sygnets, baby geese, loads of bees getting the last of the nectar from the perennial plants and a really nice fern growing in a nook half way up the trunk of a tree! We were quite surprised to see Dock leaves and quite a few weeds growing in the flower beds in the park, but maybe they are classed as 'wild life areas'?

Andrea took the photos tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

After work and tea... sounds so dignified. The park is lovely too. I don't see too many swans in my neck of the woods, so they always look great to me. Any chance for a bigger picture of the dock leaves? You've got me curious now.

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

How wonderful to be able to see swans. They are such beautiful creatures, I have only seen them twice when they were migrating through our area.