Sunday 27 May 2007

Sunday afternoon walk


On Sunday afternoon we walked in Derwent Park. Andrea took some pictures of the wild flowers we found including dandelion, dog daisy, vetch, cowslips, 'old mans baccy' (that's what we called it when I was a girl) and the most beautiful purple clover. There was a tiny wild forget-me-not and some pink flowers for which I don't have a name yet. The swans were nowhere to be seen, neither was the heron, but we had a lovely walk even though it was very chilly




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful garden you have. I'm really looking forward to seeing your garden and your blog develop. Your blog is now in my favourites.

jaki said...

Hi Mary, I have popped over from Andrea's blog :)
I live in Australia, in a part where it is too hot to grow all the gorgeous plants I love from my childhood...plants that you have in your lovely garden!!
I would love to watch your garden grow, especially can't wait to see your fuschia come out in flowers, make sure you take some photos ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary, this is Christina from "The Garden Ho" in Maine. I love the stone wall edging around your garden. It's great to also see some of the wildflowers you have there in England. I think the pink one is called Herb Robert.