Sunday 21 October 2007

Autumn walk



Andrea and I had a lovely walk in Thornley Woods this afternoon armed with a camera each and took some great pictures. We only saw one squirrel, but we made too much noise walking over the leaves and scared him off.

I love walking through crisp golden leaves, it's almost as good as snow





Andrea snapped me taking photos behind this tree




We were fine going down the various sets of rough steps, to the stream at the bottom, but when it came to climbing back up through the woods it was hard going. (Especially when a family at the top of the last flight of steps shouted for us to come up, so we felt we had to keep going even though my legs felt like jelly!!!


Elderberries


Holly Berries



The last of the Blackberries


The bark of this tree was amazing!



We both had rosy cheeks when we'd finished our walk
Andrea

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Lovely pictures Mam - not sure about my rosy cheeks mind!

jaki said...

Mary, great to see you back in the land of blogging, I have missed catching up with you :)

Your garden is looking fantastic and wow! what a walk you went on this weekend!!
Love the holly, my Gran had a holly bush when we were growing up so it always brings back memories to see one (it won't grow where I live now)

I hope you are keeping well, I will start popping in regularly again to see what you are up too!