Tuesday 11 December 2007

Christmas pie .....

I was so inspired by Gordon Ramsays recipe (Gordons Christmas Pie - BBC Good Food Magazine) that I just had to try it out. Then I read another recipe for a chocolate desert which contains not one, but two Terrys Dark Chocolate Oranges, Grand Marnier and loads of double cream - I've bought the two choc oranges, but will try to wait until Christmas to make it!!As well as eight hard boiled eggs, it contained a fillet of pork, a pound of pork sausages, a tin of lean ham. a chicken breast and a small onion, all wrapped in a hot-water-crust pastry. I served it for tea on Sunday and it had almost disappeared by bed time!! I will be making this again between Christmas and New Year.

We really enjoyed the Rat Pack concert on Saturday night - here I am with my little sister Jackie during the interval. Dean, Frank and Sammy D. Jr almost sounded better than the real thing, and yes, they did sing loads of Christmas songs - excellent.

ps The missing Santa tree ornament has still not turned up ..... oh dear, I think he's run off with Jaki's (Australia) bird ornaments - she's can't find her box of six!!

7 comments:

jaki said...

Oh, goodness! Imagine the mischief Santa and the birds could be getting up too!!

Your pie looks delicious, I have seen a show over here with Gorden Ramsey, he certainly is a character and a greaat cook.
Will look forward to seeing the dessert when you make it...don't forget a photo before it disappears :)

Whyite said...

Oh that looks so good! What is water pastry by the way?

I have never seen the show you mentioned over here on BBC America but I have seen Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares tho. I really enjoy it.

Curtis from Growingthumbs

Piondröm said...

Hello Mary!
I dont think the world is so big nowdays, I find your gardenblog from Sweden.
You have a beautiful garden, I want to have mu garden in England the summer is not so long in Sweden.
Sorry for my english=)
If you want you can visit our gardenblog in Sweden, you cant understand the text but you can look at the picktures.
Best regards and Marry Christmas Ken
kenschill@blogspot.com

jmb said...

Hi Mary,

Thanks for dropping by to wish me a merry Christmas. And here is this wonderful looking pie for me and the promise of something made with two whole chocolate oranges. I would like to be there for that.

Have a wonderful Christmas yourself with your family Mary, and may 2008 be a very happy one for you.
regards
jmb

Linda Lunda said...

Hello. You got a nice blogg here..
Merry Christmas from Sweden.
Linda

Unknown said...

Hey Mary,

What wonderful Christmas decorations you have and the garden looks so lovely with the snow just starting to fall. I'm very intrigued by your pies. Can you share the recipes?

Annie said...

I've just stumbled on your blog somehow and I'm enjoying looking at your flowers. Your garden has a wonderful setting with those hedges as a backdrop. I love it.